Thank you for such an inspirational Gala night at the Royal Vancouver Yacht Club! Celebrated Canadian Paralympic athletes, Whistler Adaptive Alumni, board members, current volunteers, participants and honoured guests were all on-hand to raise funds to increase and enhance adaptive sports programming in the Sea to Sky over the next year.
Here are some of the extraordinary highlights:
- $100,000 raised - a record amount for this wonderful event!
- Inspiring stories from Tamara Taggart, Paralympic athlete Lauren Woolstencroft, the O'Neill family and many more.
- Over 170 items donated for the auction from both long-term and new supporters
With these donations, we plan to:
- Build capacity in lesson bookings by 500 sessions
- Add to our fleet of adaptive sport equipment
- Hire additional staff for programming
- Upgrade our reservation and booking system
"This is a big milestone for us. It means we can grow our organization to the next level. We couldn't do it without your support. From our generous donors to those who jumped in to bid on the silent auction last minute, as well as those who matched contributions during the evening; It was a great effort by all and will make a really big difference. Thank you." - Chelsey Walker, Executive Director.