Our friends Delta Hotels by Marriott Whistler Village Suites are hosting the 12th annual Raise The Roof online auction to benefit Whistler Adaptive and the BC Children's Hospital Foundation. The silent auction begins on Nov 17 and runs until Dec 1. Check out their incredible array of auction items and help support our adaptive sports programming! http://ow.ly/fgLM50Cmebr
The Annual General Meeting for the Whistler Adaptive Sports Program Society is taking place on October 25, 2020 in Whistler, BC (location and format TBD ie. by Zoom). Registration begins at 10am and the AGM starts at 10:05am. We will hear from the President of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director and other Board Members regarding programming, fundraising and other initiatives that took place in 2020. We will also review the 2020 financials.
Can't make it to the meeting? The AGM information package, financial statements and constitution & bylaws will be uploaded in early October.
Whistler Adaptive is seeking passionate and dedicated individuals to join our Board of Directors. If you or someone you know would be a good fit or if you want more information on the role of a director and the time commitment, please contact Chelsey Walker, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This meeting is open to the public, but only current Whistler Adaptive members in good standing can vote. Register for the AGM using this link.
Current memberships are valid from August 1, 2020 to July 31, 2021. Members provide guidance in electing new directors, approving bylaws, help with fundraising and improving programming. If you’d like to become a member, please purchase an athlete, volunteer or Friend of Whistler Adaptive membership online.
The Whistler Adaptive Sports Program changes lives for people with disabilities. Whistler Adaptive is committed to introducing as many individuals with a disability and neurodiversities as possible to sport and recreation by breaking down the financial, physical, and social barriers as well as creating skills that will lead to future employment, independence, and confidence.
• Preference to hire a currently registered university or college student with a priority given to those who have completed a minimum of a second year and preference to hire individuals with a disability or neurodiversity.
• Preference given to those who are currently certified in CPR B and First Aid (will include in training if not current).
• Ability to instruct individuals in group based outdoor sport and recreation activities.
• Some knowledge of various physical disabilities and neurological diversities
• Knowledge of some or all the following activities: hiking, mountain biking (2 & 3 wheel), canoe, kayaking, SUP, strength and conditioning, physical literacy, sailing. Must be willing to learn these sports and more.
• Computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft 365 an assert.
• Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident between 15 and 30 years of age, as the position is funded through a Canada Summer Jobs grant.
The Summer Program Leader is an integral position in the summer operations of Whistler Adaptive. In the summer, Whistler Adaptive offers hiking, mountain biking (2 & 3 wheel), paddle sports (canoeing, SUP and kayaking), sailing, rowing, yoga, strength & conditioning, and more to people with cognitive, physical, and sensory disabilities, as well as neurodiversities. Within the listed sports and activities, the Summer Program Leader will be able to perform a complete assessment of students, determine adaptive equipment needs, set goals and plan lessons, assist our instructors and coaches to lead activities, document progress, maintain records, and assist our instructors and coaches to make recommendations for future lessons. As needed, the Summer Program Leader will also assist with general administration, marketing, and fundraising. The position will report to the Volunteer and Training Program Manager. As a requirement of the position, the successful applicant must obtain a satisfactory criminal record check prior to beginning employment. Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com.
Deadline for application: Friday, April 9, 2021 at 4:30 pm
Posting Date: March 7, 2022 Organization: Whistler Adaptive Sports Program Term: Start date May 16th 2022, for a 16 week term
Hours: 37.5hrs/week, schedule dependent on programming needs (may vary during 2 week initial training period)