Whistler Adaptive Volunteer Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Whistler Adaptive. We welcome you to fill out an application form if you are available to help in the fall and winter.
We seek volunteers who are passionate about working with people with cognitive, physical or sensory disabilities and who are active and experienced. Shifts range from one hour to six hours depending on the activity. We offer five days per week of programming for the local Sport Academy athletes, daily ski, sit-ski and snowboard lessons in the winter, partner group bookings, multi-day adaptive sport camps and adaptive equipment rentals.
Volunteers can help with the following programs:
- Alpine skiing and sit-sking
- Hiking / Trail Rider Hikes
- Mountain Biking
- Nordic skiing and sit-skiing
- Buddy lessons in various sports
If you have the time, the passion and the experience, please fill out the volunteer application form. Thank you for your interest in supporting Whistler Adaptive!
Who We're Looking For
While keeping overhead costs as low as possible, Whistler Adaptive could not operate without the many dedicated volunteers who work enthusiastically behind the scenes and directly with participants. Ongoing volunteer recruitment and retention is key to offering a range of programs year round. Volunteers for administration, event management, coaching, program delivery and fundraising ensure Whistler Adaptive delivers the best possible experiences for participants. Whistler Adaptive insures that sport-specific coaches and volunteers are trained, equipment inventories are maintained and programs are enhanced to service a range of people with cognitive, sensory or physical disabilities
Please Note - all volunteers will be required to:
- Obtain a criminal record check. Whistler Adaptive will give you a letter to present to your local police detachment.
- Become a volunteer member of Whistler Adaptive Sports Program for a small annual fee of $10. (Membership fees help make our programming possible and provide training for our instructors, coaches and volunteers.)
- Complete the training depending on your activity or activities of interest.