Whistler Adaptive Volunteer Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Whistler Adaptive. We have many different volunteer roles available in programs, marketing, fundraising, and on our board of directors. We welcome you to fill out an application form if you are available to help.
We seek volunteers who are passionate about working with people with cognitive, physical, or sensory disabilities.
Shifts range from one hour to six hours depending on the activity. We offer seven days per week of programming for the local Sport Academy athletes, as well as daily ski, sit-ski, and snowboard lessons in the winter, partner group bookings, multi-day adaptive sport camps and adaptive equipment rentals.
Volunteers can help with the following programs:
- Alpine Skiing, Snowboarding, and Sit-Skiing
- Canoeing and Kayaking
- Adaptive Paddle Boarding and Sailing
- Hiking / Trail Rider Hikes
- Mountain Biking
- Nordic Skiing and Sit-Skiing
- Strength and Conditioning
- Buddy lessons in various sports
Administrative Volunteers (Marketing, Fundraising, Events)
Whistler Adaptive has many behind the scenes projects that require volunteer support. Some of these projects include online support, graphic design, Gala committee, volunteer recruitment, training, and support for various fundraising events throughout the year.
If you have the time and the passion please fill out the volunteer application form. Thank you for your interest in supporting Whistler Adaptive!
Who We're Looking For
While keeping overhead costs as low as possible, Whistler Adaptive could not operate without the many dedicated volunteers who work enthusiastically behind the scenes and directly with participants. Ongoing volunteer recruitment and retention is key to offering a range of programs year round. Volunteers for administration, event management, coaching, program delivery and fundraising ensure Whistler Adaptive delivers the best possible experiences for participants. Whistler Adaptive ensures that sport-specific coaches and volunteers are trained, equipment inventories are maintained and programs are enhanced to service a range of people with cognitive, sensory or physical disabilities
No matter your skill, you can get involved. Contact Whistler Adaptive for more information or check out our current volunteer needs and upcoming training and coaching courses.
Please Note - all volunteers will be required to:
- Obtain a criminal record check. Whistler Adaptive will give you a letter to present to your local police detachment.
- Become a volunteer member of Whistler Adaptive Sports Program for a small annual fee of $10. (Membership fees help make our programming possible and provide training for our instructors, coaches, and volunteers.)
- Complete the training depending on your activity or activities of interest.
- Complete an interview and volunteer screening.